Andrew Edwards, CEO of Technology Leaders, will be speaking at the DMA 2012 Convention in Las Vegas today, October 15. He will share what he has learned from over ten years in digital marketing and web analytics during a session called “The 5 Essential Practices of the Data-Driven Organization”.
Andrew will emphasize that analytics helps only when integrated into the creative and decision-making processes of the organization. He will also describe some of the key characteristics of an organization that expects to make smart decisions based on data.
According to Andrew, the Data-Driven Organization will:
- Define what it wants to measure (and what it doesn’t need to)
- Deploy analytics tools expertly
- Analyze results and make recommendations
- Create changes based on data
- Measure again and again for additional improvements
He will also share his thoughts on an important new phenomenon in measurement called Convergence Analytics. Convergence Analytics describes tools and practices that can measure much more than just the web, and bring them into a common interface for the marketer.